Enchance launchbar menu in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx with cairo-dock ,DockyNovember 17, 2010 by: upa_kid
Cairo dock and docky are 2 popular launchbars for Linux, you can enchacnce the launchbar of your installed Ubuntu lucid lynx by installing one of these 2 application.
- Cairo-Dock is an animated application launch bar for the desktop, comparable to the dock in Mac OS X or Rocket Dock (for Windows). It is compatible with Compiz, but it can also run without a composite manager . Cairo-Dock can run under GNOME, KDE and XFCE.
Open the terminal and copy and past the command bellow :
sudo -v echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/ppa/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) main ## Cairo-Dock-PPA-Stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E80D6BF5
Update the installation :
sudo apt-get update
Now install cairo-dock :
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
- Docky : Some of Docky’s amazing features include themes, plugins, 4 different hiding modes, advanced indicators, zeitgeist integration, and window management.Docky is an advanced shortcut bar that sits at the bottom, top, and/or sides of your screen. It provides easy access to some of the files, folders, and applications on your computer, displays which applications are currently running, holds windows in their minimized state, and more.
Installation of Docky
First add repository
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:docky-core/ppa
Now update source and install docky
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install docky
Have you found this script useful? Please support author by PayPal donation.
- Install cairo-dock on fedora12
- Install Docky from repository in ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx | LinuxMint8
- Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- OMG! 5! – Five Docky themes
- Prevent Parallels creating Windows application folders in the Dock
- Easily transform Ubuntu into mac os x with macbuntu – now better than ever!
- How To Make An Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop Resemble A Mac (With Elementary, Docky & Gloobus-Preview)
- How To Make An Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Resemble A Mac (With Elementary, Docky & Gloobus-Preview)
- AWN – Just another launchbar for linux desktop
- How to install Murrine and Aurora GTK2 Engines in Ubuntu | PPA