How to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx from karmic, intrepid, hardyNovember 17, 2010 by: upa_kid
Few weeks ago ubuntu 10.04 beta was released, if you have ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala installed in a virtual machine or in an old computer and you want to test this release you can upgrade by following the steps bellow. Remember this is a beta release so it is not advised to upgrade a production machine to this release of Ubuntu.
Now to upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 on a desktop system, press Alt+F2 and type in update-manager -d into the command box. Update Manager should open up and tell you: New distribution release ’10.04′ is available ( See screenshot bellow).
Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also upgrade using the command line, to do that open terminal and type this command :
sudo do-release-upgrade -d
Is done !
Usefull links : http://www.ubuntu.comHave you found this script useful? Please support author by PayPal donation.
- Download of The Day: Ubuntu Linux 8.10 RC (BETA) Intrepid Ibex
- Ubuntu 8.10 Upgrade
- Howto: upgrade from Ubuntu Linux breezy to dapper
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) To 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) (Desktop & Server)
- Fix Virtualbox guest addition installation issue in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) To 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) (Desktop & Server)
- How To Install KOffice in Kubuntu 9.10
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) To 9.10 (Karmic Koala) (Desktop & Server)
- How To Upgrade Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) To 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) (Desktop & Server)
- How To Upgrade Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) To 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)