Install VirtualBox via PPA repository in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid LynxNovember 17, 2010 by: upa_kid
VirtualBox 3.1.8 was released early this week by Oracle, This is a maintenance release so many items were fixed and/or added ( Read the Changelog). You can install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx by adding the non free repositories or by downloading and installing the .deb packages.
“Oracle VM VirtualBox is an x86 virtualization software package, originally created by German software company innotek GmbH, purchased by Sun Microsystems, and now developed by Oracle Corporation as part of its family of virtualization products. It is installed on an existing host operating system; within this application, additional guest operating systems, each known as a Guest OS, can be loaded and run, each with its own virtual environment.
Supported host operating systems include Linux, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Solaris; there is also a port to FreeBSD (only OSE version).Supported guest operating systems include a small number of versions of NetBSD and various versions of DragonFlyBSD, FreeBSD, Linux, OpenBSD, OS/2 Warp, Windows, Solaris, Haiku, Syllable, ReactOS and SkyOS.The current beta version (3.2) also allows limited virtualization of Mac OS X 10.6.”
Install VirtualBox via PPA repository in Lucid Lynx
To install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, you need to add the non free repository. Open terminal and copy the command bellow :
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lucid non-free"
2- Add the verification key, Copy this command :
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3- Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install virtualbox-3.2
This command will install the latest stable version of VirtualBox3.2.
Have you found this script useful? Please support author by PayPal donation.
- Installing VirtualBox 3.0 On An Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop
- Installing VirtualBox 3.1 On An Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop
- Install Docky from repository in ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx | LinuxMint8
- install Guest additions and run fullscreen mode on VirtualBox Guest OS | Linux
- Configure apt-get to work behind a proxy in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
- Installing VirtualBox 2.0.0 On Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop
- Convert Vmware to Vbox
- Installing VirtualBox 3.0 On A Fedora 11 Desktop
- Top 10 Linux Virtualization Software
- Enchance launchbar menu in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx with cairo-dock ,Docky