Install vsftpd in ubuntu|debian |linuxMintNovember 16, 2010 by: upa_kid
vsftpd, which stands for “Very Secure FTP Daemon”, is an FTP server for Unix-like systems, including Linux. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It supports IPv6 and SSL. Since version 2.0.7 vsftpd supports explicit and implicit FTPS.
Despite being small for purposes of speed and security, many more complicated FTP setups are achievable with vsftpd! By no means an exclusive list, vsftpd will handle:
- Virtual IP configurations
- Virtual users
- Standalone or inetd operation
- Powerful per-user configurability
- Bandwidth throttling
- Per-source-IP configurability
- Per-source-IP limits
- Encryption support through SSL integration
- and more ………………..
vsftpd is the default FTP server in some Linux distributions.
this installation should be working for al debian based distribution or Debian , or mint ..
install vsftpd with this command:
$sudo apt-get install vsftpd
Change the setting as the following.
Have you found this script useful? Please support author by PayPal donation.
# If you allow anonymous login thenanonymous_enable=YES
# If you do not allow anonymous login then
# Users are allowed to walk around at his directory onlychroot_local_user=YES
Restart vsFTPd.sudo /etc/init.d/vsftpd restart
Now connect to the ftp server host via the command line .
$ftp ip-adress or hostname
of via ftp gui client
Please repport any issue or question in our Forum
Pirat9 from Unixmen team
- Setup of VSFTPD virtual users
- Vsftpd FTP Server With Virtual Users ( Berkeley DB + PAM )
- Red Hat / CentOS VSFTPD FTP Server Configuration
- Virtual Hosting With vsftpd And MySQL On Debian Lenny
- Vsftpd SSL / TLS FTP Server Configuration
- Virtual Hosting With vsftpd And MySQL On Debian Etch
- Vsftpd Set Download Only Anonymous Internet Server
- Install and configure Tomcat webservices in LinuxMint 8 Helena
- Ubuntu / Debian Linux: Services Configuration Tool to Start / Stop System Services
- Install Mplayer and all codecs on Debian lenny